"Creations Pages" Creation

Welcome to BackToTheEarth's 'Creations Pages'!

BackToTheEarth started in a small Ecovillage here in Arizona, about 40 miles from any town. This is where I was introduced to the Art of Wildcrafting. It's basically learning how to sustainably harvest from what nature has already provided around us to create useful and beautiful everyday items.
Sticks & Feathers
with some string & beads...
and voila, Art!
 
This can be something you go out and collect, such as rocks, walking sticks, cholla skeletons, driftwood, smudging herbs, sand, feathers, even animal parts like bones and antlers are a great find once you know what can be made with them! Only learning to do so in a respectful and sustainable manner is key. Such as if I were to go out and harvest sage for smudging sticks I only take 3 or 4 off each bush, so when I am done with my walk I have a large bundle, but if you look back at where I'd been you wouldn't even notice I was there. Also talking to them and thanking them for all their hard work, and telling them what good uses they will be used for has been scientifically proven in recent studies to help the plant repair and grow! 
This can also be something that you grow like Devil's Claw Ivy for dreamcatchers, LoofahGrape Vines,  Gordes, and Aloe Vera, or your own Herb Garden for Apothecary or soaps & salves. There are so many things that can be grown or collected from nature to provide for all of our needs, and that's where BackToTheEarth was inspired...

Our first little Workshop
So we converted one of the buses in Bus Village into a workshop, and the Creations began!

Now it's our mission to seek out those things that nature has already provided for us to create useful and beautiful everyday items!

We have had so much fun learning these past two years, and now we want to share our knowledge with you...


  • Here you can follow us around the Workshop, seeing the Creations as they are being born!
  • Learn the Art of Wildcrafting!
  • See tutorials and learn how to make things with us!
  • Shop our Art Gallery!
  • Even contact us with questions, and we can text or video chat!
I'm so excited to share what I do with you! It's already what I do anyway, so now you all can learn right along with me! Come visit the workshops and Create with me!

Comments